Thursday, February 19, 2009

Resilience

Today over at http://spraguelab.squarespace.com/, I am trying to win a free class. In order to be in the running for the free class, you had to post a link to your favorite photo and tell why. This was an easy choice for me. This picture of Cole is from March 14, 2007. This is the day after he got out of the hospital after his 5th and final surgery and it is the day before his 1st birthday. The stuffed animal is one he received in the hospital from a group of high school kids that were visiting the children in the hospital. The purpose of this photo shoot was to send a picture with a thank you note to the kids, which I did. However, this photo turned out to mean so much more to me as I look at it periodically. It is a reminder of all we went through as well as a reminder of how resilient children are. You would never know by looking at this picture all that Cole endured to get to this point. His amazing spirit is so evident to me and his smile reminds me what an incredible creation he is.

No comments: