Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Beach

I am fascinated that my husband made more friends in one year at UNC- Pembroke than I did in 4 years at UNC-Charlotte. We are at the beach this weekend for Pea-Dad's fraternity beach weekend and it is BEAUTIFUL. We have an awesome ocean front room for a great rate. One snag, Cole is not a big fan of the beach. I hadn't really thought too much about it, but this is Cole's first visit to the beach since he was a baby. As soon as the sand hit his bare feet, he started crying. Whose kid is he??? Pea-Dad and I both love the beach and hope to someday have a house at the beach. I love putting a low chair right at the edge of the ocean and letting the water hit my feet while I soak up the sun. I like the wet sand squishing through my toes and I like making sand castles. It's just so foreign to me that he doesn't like it. He has spent the bulk of his time with Pea-Dad in the indoor pool while Clay and I have been out on the beach.


Tonight is a big shrimp boil which I can't wait for. NOT! I am not a big fan of shrimp, but the corn on the cob and the potatos should be good. We will most likely leave early afternoon tomorrow, so I am going to try to get up early and soak up the beauty of the beach.



Caution, random thought. Why don't people talk a whole lot about how hard it is to be a parent? Are people ashamed to admit that being a parent isn't always a blessing or a joy?? I think there should be classes in high school and/or college that teach patience, sacrifice, creativity and organization in parenting.

No comments: