Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Post Easter

A nice Easter weekend has come and gone with only one causality. Poor Coley took a face dive on Sunday and now looks like he went 12 rounds with the pavement. We went to church on Sunday, had a spaghetti dinner (yes, I cooked) and colored Easter eggs.

Now, on to Gratitude....Cole is in the midst of potty training and it is going OK. He is having some number 2 accidents and it has been a bit frustrating. I have not shown my frustration to Cole, but it has me worried. He moved to his new room at school yesterday, so he is now in the red room. His teacher does not seem to be worried about the potty training, so I am trying to have a relaxed attitude about things. I called Dr. Morton's office yesterday and talked to Kathy the nurse. She said that what Cole is experiencing is completely normal for Hirschsprung's patients. The mind body connection is usually not in place until about 4 years old. So, I am trying not to lump him in as the same as all other kids but I also want to know what to expect. This brings me to Gratitude. Mentally I am trying not to spiral into a worry pit about what Cole is going to have to go through. The nurse mentioned that some kids that start school with this problem have to have an enema every night so they don't have accidents at school. Again...spiraling. This is when I really need to have a grateful mind and heart. When did I lose sight of the fact that he no longer has a colostomy bag. I am grateful for every bit of poop that comes out of the right spot. Grateful mind and grateful heart....always!

No comments: