Wednesday, May 20, 2009

185

Body image is a funny thing, it can really consume a person's thoughts. That person being ME! My weight as of today is 185, my weight before I had Clay was 155 and my weight after college on a professional dance team was 140. I am 38 years old and don't want to spend the rest of my life worrying about what I weigh. It seems to be a constant struggle. Do most people worry about this all the time? It seems sad to me. The next phase has begun. I am going to participate in the USMC Mud Run (www.usmcmudrun.com) in September. It's 4.2 miles, 30 obstacles and I don't want to let my team down. So, I have a goal now. I want to be stronger. I want to be leaner and I want to beat this obsession once and for all. I have been saying that I want to be in the best shape of my life by age 40, but why can't it be by age 39. I make the rules and I control my actions. I started on Monday 5/18 and I will continue to document my journey.

A friend of mine had a daily calendar that covered the principles of "The Secret". He gave me the pages when he was done. I was going through them choosing the ones that spoke to me and throwing the others out. I found one that I have been repeating lately. Think good thoughts, speak good words and take good actions. Simple enough don't you think.

No comments: