Monday, November 24, 2008

Day 5

So clearly it has taken me a while to feel like posting. Our family has been under the weather with a stomach virus that has hit all of the kids and now Clay has a touch of pneumonia on one of his lungs. Things in my neck of the woods have not been rosy and I have been struggling with posting. This is the whole point of writing a gratitude list. It should be a reminder to be grateful everyday, not just the days when things are all going well. I have fallen down on the job miserably. One thing I have learned lately is that I need to give myself a break. It's not always easy, but I think we should all give ourselves a break. We make mistakes, we screw up and it is ok. When we know better, we do better. I realize that things could be worse, so I thought I should take this opportunity to write my gratitude list.



Things I am grateful for:



1. Lunch with a good girlfriend (thanks Nat!)

2. My iPhone (downloaded a new ringtone, woohoo!)

3. My family

4. Chest X-rays (diagnosed Clay's early pneumonia)

5. My job (too many friends have been laid off)

6. All my craft supplies

7. LoveLife (http://lovelife.typepad.com/)

8. All things photography

9. Crystal Light Peach Tea

10. Tryon House (one great diner!)

11. The sanitize wash on my washing machine

12. Lysol (we have gone through 2 large cans this week)

13. Hand Sanitizer

14. Disinfecting wipes

15. My bed

16. Gossip Girl (my guilty pleasure)

17. Netflix

No comments: